Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Update - HE IS ALIVE!!!
Sorry to be so slow in updating. So much has happened since last week. Taylor finally (barely) made it to the ER on Saturday. He went into emergency surgery where they put a drain in his side and cleaned out all the infection they could. He is on heavy duty antibiotics and improving each day. I left Johannesburg on Sunday night - arriving on Monday. He was very sick when he arrived and the doctors said he had less than 24 hours to live without treatment it has been nothing short of a miracle and we felt the Lords hand guiding the whole process. He now has MRSA from the infection and is still in the hospital. We are not sure yet when he can leave the hospital and will need home health care for a while. He cannot have visitors and I have to "suit up" each time I visit.
We are so grateful for all of your prayers and love. Believe me it has been felt and very appreciated. We hope to be back in Africa soon. We miss everyone there - but we are so blessed for him to have been here when this happened. Again, thank you for all of your prayers and love. I will update again later if anything changes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was in California when you posted about Taylor being sick and didn't read about it until just right now. I'm so grateful that Taylor didn't die! I would be really mad if that happened!
ReplyDeleteNow that you're back home, can you just tell them you're done and stay home? After all, you're only six months short of done anyway. What's six months, give or take?
I'll keep you both in my prayers and I'll try not to be too disappointed if you decide to return to Africa. Love to you both!