Wednesday, August 8, 2012

JOBURG - SNOWBURG!!

Today is Tuesday, August 8, 2012 and guess what - it SNOWED in Johannesburg!  Many here have never seen snow in their lives - some remember it 50 years or so ago.  I was very cold here - then it started snowing off and on all day.  As you can see even the adults enjoyed playing in the snow.


As we were driving in the car tonight they actually played "Frosty the Snowman" on the radio!


Here is one of the elders (who has never seen snow) gathering up all the snow he could to eat it.  Another Elder tried to make a "snow angel" out of the 7 snowflakes on the ground.  It felt like Christmas! 

This Elder from Cape Town said it was the best day of his life!  Seeing everyone so happy and thrilled was contagious!

This weekend Taylor and I are speaking at a Women's Conference.  My topic is "Don't forget your Heavenly Father loves you"  Taylor's topic is "Don't forget to be happy."  I thought I would show you the pictures - I put to together with the song, "Heavenly Father Loves Me."  Thought you might enjoy the pictures - I took most of these here in Africa.  




















Remember, Heavenly Father could have made the world a dull gray place, without smells, sounds or variety - but He didn’t.  Instead he gave us a beautiful world - full of colors, sounds, smells, tastes and feelings.  They are His way of saying, “I LOVE YOU”  

I love being here in this beautiful country and I can't believe how soon it will all be over.  We have our tickets to return home - November 19th!  We have very mixed feelings and it seems as if most of the days now are flying by.  We have been so blessed and can't believe we will be reunited with TJ and the rest of the family very soon. Thanks to all of you again for being such a wonderful part of our lives.  We love you!



1 comment:

  1. That made me all misty-eyed. Great pictures to a wonderful song. I wish I could be there to hear you both give your talks.

    ReplyDelete