Each morning we awoke we wondered what new adventure would be have today. They say a picture says a thousand words so here are some of our favorites in Tamatave.
Couldn't quite decide what to have for lunch - very fresh chicken or pork with flies. After lunch on Monday we left for the 8 hour winding drive to the capital city of Antananriva. We saw amazing villages on the way.
We stopped at Lemur Island to feed the lemurs. Holding a bit of squashed banana the lemurs jumped from the trees onto our heads,
back and arms. They are an endangered species and the only place you find them in the world.
What an incredible experience! If this is a dream I don't want to wake up!
Taylor decided to share his lunch with a lemur.
This couple are traveling with all their belongings and cooking lunch while they float down the river. Is this not a national geographic moment?! Seriously, WHO GOES TO MADAGASCAR ANYWAY?!?! It was like being on another planet. Beauty, Kindness, Poverty, Simplicity Abound!
Laundry day in Madagascar
There we met with missionaries and enjoyed the best shopping yet!
After a wonderful week it was time to step back into the wardrobe. C.S. Lewis said "Once you are a crowned queen in Narnia you can never not be a queen. You just have to find your kingdom." Madagascar is like Narnia and I can't imagine when I felt more like a queen. This was such a magical week. I had to decide which few pictures to display from the 500 I took. It seemed like every corner provided a rich new adventure. Hope you enjoyed this brief peek into this wonderful 3rd world country.
Absolutely amazing... I have some very similar photos of some of your adventures. Again, thank you both so much for sharing and spending your time with our boys! You are truely a blessing!
ReplyDeletelol
T
Yikes! Some of those pictures are terrifying! Good thing Taylor chose to share his lunch with the lemur and not with the crocs (or alligators- I can't tell the difference). The flies are just nasty, and the pig on the bike is even a little too much. On the other hand, I DO like the very last picture on your post.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your mom. My condolences to you and your family.
Love you both so much!
Patti
I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun! It looks like a blast in Madagascar! I am so jealous!! Love you!
ReplyDelete